Porter Airlines Terminal Expansion – Toronto Island Airport
Start Date: Sep. 2007
Completion Date: Jan. 2008
Total Floor Area: 22, 000 sq. ft.
As time was of the essence, BECC successfully constructed a 22,000 sq. ft. Expansion Terminal. The new facility equippedÃ‚Â Porter Airlines Inc. (and the CBSA) to launch their, recently introduced, International flights to Newark, NJ.
Some of the challenges that were presented and conquered during this project consisted of:
- Addition of a 22,000 sq. ft. Terminal
- Installation and Relocation of 5 passenger boarding bridges
- Continuous Coordination with the Toronto Port Authority Officials
- Completing the project without disrupting the daily activities of Porters Facility and passengers.
- Amending to the constant changes made by the owner without disrupting the construction schedule.
- The team was successful in completing the project on time